Happy New Years! How is everyone doing, it's been a while since I last posted something. When I say "a while" I mean almost 2 years ago. I've procrastinated on renewing this blog and finally I'm taking the first step; starting fresh and writing my first post. Currently 2:15 A.M. but something inside of me said, you don't need sleep (I woke up at 1 P.M. today) you need to do something productive in life.
For my first official blog post I've decided to share my New Years resolution with everyone. Though it's not actually New Years lets pass it off as the New Years since it's Chinese New Years! Hopefully if anyone else has not made any resolutions in January hopefully they'll take the time to do so now. I didn't have any goals for last year and I know "new year, new me" is cliche, but I've realized without any goals for the year I won't be able to grow as grow as a person. I don't have a lot of resolutions in mind but hopefully I'll find more things I want to better myself in and add them to the list.
Here are my resolutions:
1. Put the phone down. My phone is ALWAYS in my hand. Whether it's at work, at home, or with my friends my phone is always with me. When I'm at home my phone is always with me since I message my friends, watch youtube, netflix, check on facebook and instagram posts. It always consumes me, and biggest problem is at night. I'm never able to put my phone down in bed. Thinking I'll go to sleep early before midnight I get myself ready for bed only to surf the internet or watch netflix on my phone for hours until I see the sun rise from my window.
2. Become more physically healthy. My health has always been a issue for me. I often get sick, I have a very inconsistent period (heavy flows which has taken me to the ER a SEVERAL times), and very low stamina. I know everyone always states one of their resolutions to become more fit, but I think this is so important in order to build my self confidence. In order to be able to do anything you're physical state is very important I want to go to the gym at least 3 times a week and start eating healthier (eat all three meals).
3. Be spontaneous, don't be afraid to fail. I never let myself try anything new. Whether it be food, I would always go to the same place, eat the same thing thinking it probably won't taste good, this menu can be a failure. This happens in every scenario, I always think I don't want to try this cause it might turn out like this or it might turn out like that, and sometimes it's just because I'm scared how others will perceive me.
4. Go travel. Last year for the second time I went to Montreal for 5 days with my friend and it was one of the most exhausting, exciting, stressing and eyeopening experience I had. I'm always worried about how I book travels, what I'll do so I don't waste any time, expenses and so on that I'm never able to do or go anywhere. I hope to go on at least 2 trips this year!
5. Don't waste time. Time is something I never really think of. I usually go to sleep VERY late and wake up VERY late (no surprise there). Some times the day goes by and I realize that I really have done nothing with my day, whether it's walking myself, bettering myself, etc. I want to manage my time, go out and reconnect with people I haven't seen in a long time, do something I've been wanting to do for a long time, schedule an appointment that needs to be made.
You win some, you lose some
Don't hesitate, just do something
Just let it free, but never lose
I ain't falling
I'll be on my parachute
- parachute code kunst (ft. hyukoh, dok2)